CT Pool Restoration Process
Since 1983, the David Cooke Plaster Company has been using this 7-step process to create long-lasting and beautiful swimming pools. When it comes to refinishing your swimming pool, this process has been tried and tested to deliver a luxurious and durable pool, providing years of fun and enjoyment.
- Drain & Strip: The David Cooke Plaster preparation crew will show up and drain the swimming pool resurfacing first. Then, we’ll begin the process of detecting any areas that may be loose and soft. As with painting, all bad existing surfaces must be removed. If needed, We’ll strip the tile and coping from the pool and depending on the condition of the pool, this process will usually take just 1-2 days.
- Retile: If needed, Our professional masonry team will arrive and will tile and cope the pool. What is coping, you ask? Pool coping is the material above the tile line that generally covers the top of the pool structure. This part of the pool is normally 12" wide and is called the bondbeam. The pool coping is used to separate the pool structure from the pool decking. Applying tile to withstand New England weather, in particular, is an art form and David Cooke Plaster professionals know exactly what to do.
- Prep Process: Our team will inspect the existing prep coat that is on the pool and we’ll clean it and then apply our multi coat scratch coat. This coat will be rolled onto the pool wall and floor. Our signature coat was developed so that it will bond to the existing finish and will ensure the bond of the new Pebble finish. No resurface job should be done without this process.
- Pebble Finish: At David Cooke Plaster, we are proud to be CT, Eastern NY, Western MA, and Long Islands only licensed Pebble Tec® applicators. Our crew will mix the finish on the truck, and spray on the finish with a hose, providing an efficient and safe application of the finish. Then the finish is all hand-troweled one small area at a time, to ensure the mixture is hand troughed into an even surface. Each and every Pebble Tec brand pool finish is composed of the finest materials gathered from the most exotic natural settings around the globe. This stain-resistant surface has a natural, non-slip texture that continues to set the industry standard of excellence.
- Acid wash/pressure wash: The prep crew will return after the Pebble-Tec finish has been applied and will give the pool a light acid wash and pressure wash to remove any residue that is left from the cement. A special solution is used to enhance the brightness of the natural pebbles.
- Add water: After our signature application process is complete, it is time to add water to your new pool. Simply balance the chemicals and then you can begin swimming! If you are doing to chemical balance and Startup yourself David Cooke Plaster Company, will give you the educational material and help you through the process.
- Enjoy! This is by far the easiest step of the process and one that our customers will tell you is their favorite. At David Cooke Plaster, we take pride in our workmanship and strive for 100% satisfaction..
In addition to our new pool finishing services, we also offer a complete remodel and rejuvenation solution for your pool, including retiling, recoping and sandblasting. Learn More